Small group meetings often held in homes and held mid-week, in person or virtually, to discuss subjects related to seasons of the church – e.g. advent and lent, bible study, topical subjects related to our faith and spiritual development and questions, or simply to meet, share and pray for each other – are a fundamental supplement to our weekly Sunday worship services. Such small groups enable more intimate development and growth of our faith as followers of Jesus.
- Spiritual Community Groups: Breaking Bread, Discipleship/Pilgrim groups
- Bible Study Groups – group-directed studies of the bible
- Thematic discussion groups/book studies - e.g. The Prayer, Healing Death, by Chris Levan, and Faith After Doubt by Brian McLaren
- Seasonal Study Groups: during Advent, Lent, etc. e.g. The Living Compass guided study series.
- The "Alpha" Course - click here
- “Confirm not Conform” confirmation class – for those interested in joining the church
- Faith Exploration: ‘The Chosen’ , ‘Jesus the Game Changer’, ‘The Work of the People’ videos
- History Sessions: Anglicanism, History of Christianity, The Prayer Book, etc.
Such small group discussions can result in:
- Spiritual and intellectual growth amongst parishioners
- Interest from the parish and the wider Salt Spring community
- Growth and development of our community of faith within the parish as expressed in love for each other
- Greater appreciations of various and diverse traditions that individuals bring to our parish – i.e. not all of us come from an Anglican background, many come from different faith traditions or from no faith at all!
If you are interested in joining and/or leading a faith formation small group, please contact Rev Gyllian.