The Anglican Centre is available for events and community groups.
Please note that Thursdays are not available in the church & upper hall as we reserve that day for parish use.
Suggested Donations for Use:
Church (seats 125 comfortably, maximum 175)
$35/hour or …
includes church, upper hall, nursery, kitchen & green room
* No food or drink is allowed in the church – thanks!
Upper Hall (seats 120; 80 for a dinner)
+$25 use of kitchen for refreshments
+$50 use of kitchen for a meal or potluck
* Note: The floor was refinished in September 2017. Wearing of black-soled shoes is discouraged as they leave permanent marks on the floor.
Lower Hall (seats 120)
* Note: A new floating floor was installed in December of 2017.
St. George Room (seats 10 around a permanent round table)
NOTE: The Church and Upper Hall are not available to outside groups on THURSDAYS.
The suggested donations are a guideline; the parish would prefer that money not be a barrier to use by recognized community groups.
Persons using the Anglican Centre must comply with Provincial and Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District bylaws and regulations. These include no smoking inside the church building or on the church property (CRD Clean Air Bylaw No. 2401, July 2007), use of fire-proofed props, not exceeding the maximum seating capacity, and keeping all exits clear.
All applicants must be 19 years of age or over. NO COMMERCIAL VENTURES will be allowed. The areas rented are to be left in a clean condition after use.
To use the Anglican Centre, you must:
1. Complete and sign an Agreement prepared by the Office Administrator (contact the parish office at [email protected]).
2. Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
3. Provide the parish office with a copy of your liability insurance based on use, location and a parish-hold-harmless inclusion (occasional renters who do not have their own liability insurance will need to purchase coverage through the Diocese of BC’s Liability Insurance Program for Individual and Group Users (AON). The flat premium of $50 is valid from the time of purchase to next January 1st. An Application Form is available in the Parish office.)
4. Sign an Acknowledgement Form indicating that you have read, understood, and will comply with the Diocese of British Columbia’s Policy Regarding the Investigation of and Response to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct. The Policy may be found here.
Please contact the parish office to check on availability (email [email protected]).