The Anglican Parish of Salt Spring Island is seeking the services of a Church Administrator. The Administrator reports to the Priest and works interactively as part of a team including the clergy, wardens, parishioners, and Salt Spring community partners to serve both the church and the neighbourhood. The successful candidate will be employed under standards and conditions of the Anglican Diocese of BC and report to and work under the overall direction of the Parish Priest.
Hours of Work: Totalling between 20 to 32 hours/week to be determined and with some flexibility over 4 or 5 days/week with some fixed times at the church office. The final position description and workload will be discussed and finally agreed in discussion with the Priest.
Required skills and attributes:
· Outgoing, friendly and willing and able to meet the public.
· Excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational and conflict resolution skills with an ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently when required.
· Provide hospitable reception to all visitors to the church office, and all online and email inquiries with sensitivity, compassion and confidentiality.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft computer applications including Word, Excel and Outlook – with an eye for detail. These skills are required in order to prepare weekly church bulletins and announcements, agendas and minutes of meetings, annual and other reports, and all email and web-based communications, etc.
· Basic accounting knowledge and skills to enable keeping of accounts receivables and payables, including preparation of electronic and manual payments and banking – with oversight from the church treasurer.
· Coordinate and maintain the church calendar, including bookings for use of our facilities by parish and community groups and individuals, including special events such as weddings and funerals, etc.
· Ability and/or willingness to learn to update and edit the church website and social media.
· A background and appreciation of the Christian faith and church functions will be an asset. Previous knowledge of the Anglican Church in Canada and its organizational structures will also be an asset but is not required for this position provided a willingness to acquire such over time.
Anticipated starting date: 3 January 2022 or as soon as available.
Remuneration and Benefits: A competitive salary range of $20-$25/hour, dependent on qualifications and experience, and employment benefits package administered by the Anglican Diocese of BC, including medical/dental and group insurance, paid vacation, performance, and cost of living adjustments annually and based on experience.
For an overview of the Anglican Parish of Salt Spring Island, please explore our website: https://www.saltspringanglican.ca/
All positions are subject to a successful Criminal Records Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check, and a 3-month probation period. Apply with a covering email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 22 November 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.